Saturday, July 17, 2010

And the troups arrive!

Today was a great day. After the relief of knowing that we will HAVE Litsemba.....I was a little less anxious! Thank you again for all you prayers! God is so faithful and this faith journey has been such an amazing gift to me! It has been hard.....but it is good!

This morning was interesting....guess what! I drove Elliott and Brian to Mbabane. I think they were scared.....left side of the road, right side of the car, shifting left gear with blinker on the right. Crazy! None-the-less....it was a good trip! And all of our errands were run! We wanted to do it quickly so that we could get back before the buses arrived with our first big team...170 came in today!

Once orientation was over, a few of the guys (Worship Band) called home and then it was up to dinner! We all walked up to the Convention Center. We had about 230 people for dinner......large group.....large heart.....serving an incredibly large God. As we ate (which might I add....was a buffet and amazing food! I mean amazing....thinking "ohhhh poor things....take cereal bars!" .....no don't feel sorry...we are well fed), Janine made a few announcements, welcomed and then showed the video for HFA and Canaan. It was footage from my trip in November....my, my the journey has amazing!It was great to watch all the people who have loved each other through years of serving. There is something about serving the Lord.....that makes you have a new connection with everyone! After everyone checked in, got their keys, settled into their rooms, we had an orientation in the restaurant. Janine did a great job! She explained the do and don'ts of the trip. Things like......don't do anything with your left hang! Don't shake hands, don't wave with it, don't point with it...nothing. Don't feed the dogs. Sit with your legs out front legs crossed at the ankles (not Indian style). Don't go anywhere alone. Cover your hips.....the woman's curves are the issue....so skirts in the cities. Don't promise anything.....or I'll try. Love them right where they are.

While everyone was in the orientation, we got a call that Kaleli was bringing the "tithe" from our first harvest to the hotel. They had taken 10% of the 30 tons of corn and ground it. The bags were labeled with Project Canaan and the flower prepared for the churches to use this week. In these pictures, you'll see the flower loaded up in the truck and all of us loading the trailer! God is so gracious!!!!! He really deserves all of us....not just 10%!

After dinner, we settled in and everyone headed to bed. It was a sweet day! Teams arriving, God providing all of our needs, and details are together! This team, the Heart For Africa staff, is amazing! The ones that are full time......(not like me, contract! even though they make me feel like staff and one of their own) but the ones that do this all the time. Janine, Ian, Anita, Tricia, Arletha, Shirley, Paula, and Jabulani....amazing! They are visionaries and detailist....I think God for them.....moving 400 people over 30 days, medical, dental, etc.....over 30 different villages from about 3 different nations.....incredible!

Lord.....you are so beautiful....to me! The way you incredibly craft each person and each nation for your glory is so spectacular. Jesus....I'm constantly reminded of you in these people! You are the light in their lives and I'm so so so amazed that you chose me. You said in your word....in John, "I chose you....you did not chose me! To go and bear fruit....fruit that would last"! I love you Lord! I serve you with every ounce of me! Holy Spirit come......guide me! Whisper in my ear and remind me daily of what you've given me! Thank you for life! Thank you for the hope of eternity! Thank you for loving me!

We're headed to Project Canaan today.....I'll send love when we get home tonight!

Your prayers are so incredibly felt.......I am so humbled!

From Africa with love,

Masi

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I admit, now that I have your blog link, I find myself checking in at every opportunity to see if you've posted! I LOVE your writing, your heart and getting to at least read about what's going on... So sad I'm not there but THRILLED that I'll be there soon... Counting down the days until July 26... Hoping you'll still be there for part 2?!

    ReplyDelete