Friday, July 16, 2010

The heavens SPEAK His name!

What a two day! Sorry I haven't blogged.....it has been busy and crazy! Let me fill you in quickly if you haven't been following....basically I can share in more detail now what has been happening! But as of this morning at 9:00 when I had yet ANOTHER meeting with the government....Litsemba had been canceled. The people who are decision makers were concerned for the children's safety. You can imagine now.....I was weary and sad. Never did I doubt that the event would happen....well maybe a little. But actually I had faith that God would do what He's come to do in this place.

However....the process was tough, hard, emotional, weary, and just NOT FUN! But it was the process that made me weary. I am saddened for the ones who felt as though
God would not want to children of His nation, Swaziland, to hear about Jesus....His son...who died for THEM! It really dampened my spirit and I am burdened for them. So now that you know how completely hard these past 2 weeks have been for me....you'll understand the rollercoaster of blog posts. The land is amazing, the people are incredible, the weather is fabulous....but the process to bring 20,000 children and adult together to worship Jesus.....much harder than I've ever experienced.

So I'll take you through the past two days. I missed the blog last night...you'll know why in a bit. Yesterday was a full day. Elliott, Brian and I headed out to the stadium to meet our first appointment at 8:30. He showed up at 9:40. That's the African way.....I was not pleased....and my south Ga big personality and strong leadership style came out. I called the person in charge and was firm with him about the fact that no one was at the stadium and we had been there for over an hour. He was upset that I "scolded" him. I was begging his forgiveness within hours....thinking, "Masi, frustration is going to get you no where!" God teaching me lessons...ALWAYS!

We met with Swazi TV, Swazi Telecom, Destiny Music (production company), Youth Ablaze, Vessel of Glory and People's Entertainment Group! All of them showed up.....not necessarily on time....but they arrived. So from 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM we were on the field working through details.

Here's the spinner.....when the man in charge showed up late that afternoon.....he said
we must go before the Minister in charge of this area in their gov't system. Everyone is a "minister"....but not the way you're thinking. So we planned a meeting for 9 AM on Friday (this am) and we left.

The evening was full of planning, spreadsheets, printing etc. Here is the AMAZING thing about the night......not really amazing! But it was BobMarley's BD yesterday! And our hotel was full of pot smell. Yep....we were high as kites....not because we were smoking it ....but because everyone else was! Craziness....but we got through it and our sleep was GREAT from the second hand smoke....ahahahaha! Kidding people! Kidding!

The morning came and Babe Mathokoza picked Elliot, Brian and myself up for our meeting. We were a little late.....but that was ok....because we couldn't see anyone. Mathokoza had to leave and left me to talk with the Principle Secretary. He walked in...said we needed to go talk to another dept and that we could leave. So we did. Now Elliott was so bothered by it. I could see it weighing heavy on his heart. Here he has gathered musicians who God called to do this event, they raised support and he has to tell them tomorrow that the event has been canceled when they arrive. Time is of the essence and we're thinking......Lord....we're in the 11th hour. I started to doubt....why do we always doubt when the timing isn't good for us. None-the-less....I doubted!

We came back to the hotel and had lunch! We were having a pastor's meeting at 10AM that I was missing. All the pastor's from the churches for the Camp Litsemba week were in the hotel. They were so excited, asked lots of questions, waves of the enemy with attack and lies at times, but in the end....they are excited! Sophiso handles all our travel arrangements with Anita. He coordiantes buses for big groups. He's a great guy. He had a vision....felt like God showed him that these 30 pastors where the beginning of a movement that would change the face of Christianity in this nation. He asked that we pray for all of his bus drivers for the safety of the people working for the Hope found in Jesus.

The pastor's meeting was over, we had lunch and then E, B and I were headed back out to yet another meeting with Babe Mathokoza. We had appealed the decision this past Wednesday that basically said "No Litsemba, No Heart for Africa, but we could move ahead with Somhlolo Festival of Praise." They still couldn't understand that we had
been invited to be a part of the Festival. So I must say....why bother meeting everyo
ne at the stadium. When we got to the meeting....the entire Festival of Praise committee was present. Police, pastors, secretaries, detailsts, etc. On the way.....I said the Babe....what are we wanting on? Why won't the Deputy Prime Minister give us an answer? Why can't we do something else? Do something Babe Mathokoza...do something! I was beginning to get wear again.

And just like the Lord....in His mighty way and mighty power.....the phone rings and it is the DPM (in the middle of our meeting). He has an answer.....the entire program has a GREEN light. You can go for it. AND the Min of Education is closing the schools...so the kids can go! PRAISE GOD PRAISE GOD PRAISE GOD!!!!!! It is a miracle....we are 5 days from load-in and we are ready. We are flexible....God showed up....and He will
see this through!

Thank you for your prayers, your comments, your hopes, your encouragement.....we have felt it all. Continue to pray....the battle isn't over! Our first large group arrived in South Africa today, the 2nd group is in route. By Sunday.....we'll all be in Swaziland....350+ volunteers. GLORIOUS DAY! HE HAS RISEN! HE IS ALIVE! HE IS FAITHFUL! HE IS GOD!!!!!!!!!

Let the planning move into high gear....we're going to broadcast LIVE from Litsemba 2010 on the web! You will get to see the fruit of the labor! We celebrated with cheers and a "hair dying - pink stripe" for Brian! He was brave to let Chloe do it! However....it basically looks like a cut! HA HA! It was a fun night.....

I'm going to leave you with a photo that is a reminder......Psalm 19:1 "The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands"! Check out this photo from Canaan that Brian Korosec took. I tried to describe what I was seeing......I stand on 2500 acres of virgin soil! There is NOTHING between me God's creation....this my friends....is the Milky Way, the skies of Swaziland...my canopy!

I stand in awe of our Creator....I serve you Lord. You are my rock, you are my foundation, and I declare you King of all Kings and Lord of all Lords.....you are worthy to be praised!!!!!!

From Africa with love......
masi


7 comments:

  1. SO GLAD THAT YOUR FAITH IS STRONG AND YOUR DEPENDENCE RESTS IN THE LORD. WHAT A ROLLER COASTER YOU AND THE TEAM HAVE BEEN ON. ALL IS WELL FROM STATES SIDE. JUST DOING A LITTLE SHOPPING FOR MOM AND TO THE DR FOR PHYSICAL AND TODAY AND ECHO=CARDIOGRAM. ALL IS FINE. PRAYING THAT THE WATERS AHEAD ARE SMOOTH AND ALL WILL GO WELL. IN HIM IT WILL, LOVE YA DAD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, God is so Good. He always knows best and we must be patient for his timing. We are praying for each of you daily that your needs will be met in order to serve your Lord in Swaziland for Heart for Africa. Just know that we are back here in America praying for you. Masi, keep your eyes on Jesus, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMAZING!!!!!! love how God is writing this story!
    Sharon Turner

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Masi! I received a link to your blog today, so I've spent the last hour reading all of your posts and getting caught up!! WOW!! Truly what a roller coaster... But YAY God! So thrilled to see that God is working everything according to HIS plans and not the plans of men! Can't wait to see what He does next and I can't wait to get there with the follow-up team! Hugs and prayers, Sharla

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW MASI!!!
    Love your writing and love your experience! Reading your blogs totally remind me that "I" am NOT in charge of my life yet HE IS! I can not wait to read the next blog and experience his power, love & glory! Love and Miss you oddles:)
    Lisa Q & Kirby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Masi, just catching up on the blogs...how amazing! I can feel your excitement and it is a beautiful feeling to have you minister to my heart from so many miles away!
    Love YOU so much and love your HEART.
    Looking forward to praying for you tonight with everyone from the Estonia trip,hope you can skype in and let us "see" you.
    Much love to you my sister, Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Masi, what a cool few days you've had!!! We have been in Dothan for the little Family Reunion, so we have not been on-line. It is so comforting to hear how well you are doing and how well it is going with you and the team. Masi, is trully at work in you and in this whole trip, and we are exicited to hear how much is using you all. I am so proud of you and know that we are praying for you daily! We love you Sis...J, C, L, and M

    ReplyDelete