Monday, July 12, 2010

God showed up today

Today has been a "rollercoaster" day to say the least. But first.....this is our local friend in the tree on our property! I call him Lizzie.....here Lizzie Lizzie Lizzie. The amazing thing is that He reminds me of His glorious ways through a lizard. He can change into the color of the tree in seconds to protect himself. He had to get so tired of me.....I was running around the tree chasing him and he'd freak out, run away and change colors. Sometimes I wonder if God is saying, "Masi...for the love dear child....yes....those are my many wonders"!

Well....our weather is amazing. It is a bit chilly but you I all know I love it. So what do you HAVE to have in the house when it is cold....a FIRE! So if you're going to build a fire.....roast marshmellows! Chloe decided that was priority.


Another sweet thing that started my day off amazing....was an email I got from my girlfriend Buffy....you see! I've spent the past several July 4th weekends with she and her extended family! It's become a bit of tradition. But here's the thing, I was in Africa this year.....but I got the sweetest note! Take a look at the photo. Aren't they so cute! Evan, Wade, Hannah, Maggie, Judd and Elle....love you guys!

NOW FOR THE REASON WE ARE HERE: We had a big meeting this morning. We weren't really confident about the outcome, but we have been completely confident that God is in control and we are mere vessels He is using in the journey to tell His story. The meeting this morning was a bit frustrating...mostly because we arrive for an 8:30 meeting and the other parties didn't show for an hour. They kept coming in and out telling us it would be a few more minutes. Then at 9:30 we were told.....the meeting needed to be postponed!

So they put it off until Wednesday. We wanted to agree to be there with the leaders from our partner organization...but we have volunteers arriving on Wednesday....so we are here to serve God with this team! The meeting ended and I admit....I was MAD! I was in that shut down, be quiet, don't talk mad.....just frustrated! And then it happened.....God showed up!

Well...he didn't really show up....He's been here all along...I think I just acknowledged His presence. We were on our way home when Janine received an important phone call inviting us to someone's office. One of Janine's friends and our partners in Taiwan were in Swaziland. So we headed to have some tea with her. What a sweet time. God used this meeting miraculously!

Little did we know, we couldn't have planned it.....but all I can say is that the meeting was amazing! So God. It was a little slice of peace that He gave us in this journey. Hope renewed, my spirit refueled, and my joy refreshed! I know this story seems a little "vague" and you're probably all thinking...."what"? But when the day comes that we can share it all....you will stand amazed at the wonders of His glory! Have faith now...and praise His name.

After our meeting time....it was spreadsheet world. I returned phone calls, approved artwork, confirmed meetings, worked on placing 300+ volunteers on teams for Litsemba. It was a fun but busy afternoon. (favorite time was with Donna on Skype....slow connection but good times) But in our busy, boring lives....Chloe asks...."Masi...want to dye your hair!?!" I said sure.....and here are our results! Natalie and Georgie...don't be mad! :)

We finished off the evening with dinner out! We went to Quartermain's and visited with Tom and Elaine! Not to mention we had a big salad, steak and dessert! First meal we "ate out" since I got here. Pretty amazing coming from the girl who eats out almost every meal! Oh....and FYI....I've given up soda since I've been here. We had a dinner out where they only offered coke....but other than that....water for me! My adult small group will be happy for that one!

Keep praying....please pray that Swaziland and all its leaders will receive us as children of God wanting to fulfill His call on our lives to help with the orphans and widows.....the least of these! Pray that we will be prepared with all the details necessary to have 300+ people in Swaziland for 11 days. Pray for the children's lives as I am safe in my bed and a child is being abused right now out on the streets and the villages! Pray for the speakers, musicians and our first team who boards a plane in Atlanta at 7 PM tonight (Monday night)!

Thanks for the comments...Christina and Casi....loved chatting with you guys tonight on Skype! Talking to family before I go to bed helps me rest! We have a busy day tomorrow......so I'll say good bye and rest.

My mentor and friend sent these verses to me as a comment! Found them so amazing during this time....thought I'd share them with you guys! Please pray this for us:

Gal 6:9 Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

Ps 3:3 But you are a shield around me, O Lord, you bestow glory on me and lift up my head.

Is 41:10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Much love......from Africa!

For His glory,

masi




2 comments:

  1. I know you already know this, but God has laid it on my heart to share it with you.
    "And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28
    Take care. I know that God is preparing the hearts of everyone involved in this process. He is in this project and has been since before it was even conceived in the heart and mind of man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO I am crying!!! I love what all the Lord is doing! I can't wait to see how this whole chapter, book, novel...turns out! I know the Lord is preparing for something amazing!!! Know that we are praying for you and that we miss you very very much! Much much much love!

    P.S...i love how you always include ALL of Jack and Buffy's kids...they ALL continue to bless my life and you make my heart happy!!! TWI

    ReplyDelete