Saturday, July 3, 2010

I MADE IT....from Africa, with Love!

Hi everyone! Just to let some of you know and catch you up to speed....I was hired by Heart For Africa to coordinate an event on July 23rd in Swaziland, Africa. By the time all the mission team arrives, we will have 350 volunteers, 25 staff, and hopefully about 20,000 orphans to gather on July 23rd to worship the Almighty King Jesus! How exciting!!!!

My journey began months ago in preparation, but I actually departed from my cabin in the woods at 3 PM on Friday, July 2nd. It is now 8 PM....I'm in the house, I've showered, unpacked (because those who travel with me know this is the FIRST thing I do), and I'm writing you. It is 2 AM so I'm going to make this a short one! I'm staying in Shirley's Heart For Africa house. Now Shirley is amazing....and she'll be worth a post in a few days!

I'm so incredibly humbled that the Lord has given me the opportunities He's providing. I've come to serve Him.....surrender my life, my heart, my spirit, my will to His. Please pray for me....that I will find time to sit in His presence. I've always done events WITH people....this one I'm pretty much doing alone. Not "without people", but without my Passion Conferences team, my Orange team, my Brand Apart team or anyone who stands beside me in this moment. I'm trusting Him with everything.....because I'm simply not capable!

Tomorrow....church and probably out to Project Canaan. I'll educate all of you on a few things tomorrow with the organization....but for now....here is a passage that my friend, Carmen, mentioned to meet at lunch on Friday. I've been sitting in it for these past few hours thinking of all the trials we've faced....to get to this moment!

Pray that I "consider it pure joy"!

James 1:1-12 1James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, To the twelve tribes scattered among the nations: Greetings! 2Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. 4Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. 5If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. 6But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 7That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord; 8he is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does. 9The brother in humble circumstances ought to take pride in his high position. 10But the one who is rich should take pride in his low position, because he will pass away like a wild flower. 11For the sun rises with scorching heat and withers the plant; its blossom falls and its beauty is destroyed. In the same way, the rich man will fade away even while he goes about his business. 12Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.

Serving Him with all my heart.....

From Africa

Masi

1 comment:

  1. Masi!!!!! I love and admire you SO MUCH! I am truely inspired by you!
    Kirby sends kisses & lick:)
    xoxoxo,
    L&K

    ReplyDelete