Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Hang on...the rollercoaster ride is crazy!!!

So I left you last night kind of hanging! I was tired and really had to go to bed. So I'll pick back up.....the night was heavy! I was out in the field and had gone to a small community. We were traveling over huge mountains and huge valleys. It was such a reminder of what we have been through. There are WIDE areas with sharp valleys but massive mountain tops. It was an incredible view and an incredible moment to remember this journey.

Our first stop was the church where Joseph Patrick Moore (our bass player) and the Geiger's were....they are special friends, and other team members. The church was so sweet and lead by Pastor Kanye. Yep....NOT West.....She was incredible. The
community came together and helped us dig a garden. They hung a sign that said Planted with love....Project Canaan! This truly is what it is all about.....feeding the poor and caring for the widows & orphans....and LOVING ONE ANOTHER! This is the gospel...this is the command we've been given lived out right here. Joseph shared an incredible story of the afternoon.....the children get out of school and come to the church for food. They feed as fairly as they can....but 100s were turned away. And Joseph stood there with oranges.....sliced as the hungry children with desperation in their eyes dreamed of making it to the front of the line to just get one taste. He said...it was almost too much to handle! If we feel like this.....oh how my God must weep over these children. His children.....orphans = Children of the King, the most High King, the King of all Kings....Jesus!

After we arrived at Elliott's community church.....the pastor called us into the church. The Gogo's were incredible......oh I love them! They are so sweet......they are incredible......Elliott, Jabulani and I headed back to the hotel. On the way....I received a message from Janine that the letter that was promised to us would go out on
Monday....did not actually go out. Honestly...my first reaction was LIARS! Urgh....makes me frustrated, they weren't sending the letters, weren't sending the children, didn't have finalized details and the gravity of the responsibility was overwhelming to me. So I started arguing.....it sounded something like this:

"For the love....I can't do this God. Why is your timing perfect but if feels so wrong to me! Lord....I'm not capable of this. I'm 48 hours away and I need to know what is
expected of me. God...where are you? Step in and cause these people to feel responsible for their lack of truth and always "generalizing" the expectation of truth.
I'm so weary Lord....I'm tired, I'm exhausted......Lord, I am not in control. I know you are.....help me not only to know it but BELIEVE it! You are the creator of every moment, every day.....this is Yours.....my hands are open and my heart is full...USE ME!"

I was processing in the back seat and didn't say much. Elliott and I went to the stadium and yet again...another missed appointment. We left the stadium, home to the hotel
and then realized we needed to meet with Babe Mathokoza. Our meeting time was
good....but the heaviness was all over me. Ian told him that at noon on
Wednesday....we had to make some choices. Mathokoza has done everything for the Somhlolo Festival with honor and dignity. He is in a hard place...but I really needed him to know where I am....so I told him....and of course with conviction and emotion! He understood my concern.

We left for dinner and afterward we had an amazing prayer time with some pastors. Just sitting under their prayers and resting in that knowledge that Jesus is alive, He lives in me, and I will rejoice! So I headed to bed with the sweetness that God is in control.

My day today was FULL.....long, but amazing! I started at the Minister of Education's office. They had finally written the letter that was to go out and let the schools know
about Litsemba being on Friday. It wasn't the smoothest meeting....but leading to
something and you could feel it. The next 9 hours was full on.....we loaded out several 100 blankets for the Taiwanese to give out and confirmed the 10,000 blankets came. Went to the stadium to find that the containers were moving in!
They were moved by the largest, every boy's dream, truck! Look at the size of this thing! Then.....headed to Mtsapha to get the banners! The print company in Swaziland did a GREAT job! The banner and flags are beautiful! Grabbed a canister of helium for the balloons and headed to the stadium. On our way....we had to sit still on the road....right in front of us....the King's
brigade! It was crazy....there must have been 20 motorcycle and a car caravan of 10 to 15 cars...right in the middle....his car! WOW....I'm so glad that my King comes in flesh, humbled and lived with us, as us, sinless and blameless....but died on a cross....FOR ME! The reminder that God is on His throne and reigning on High!

The meeting was better. Same people but finally in the space, with my map, with the plan and everyone who matters.....their "secret service" head, the police, military, leadership, committee heads and chairman. They had not used a map....had to explain it first. Then we could proceed forward. The Army head girl's name is Thwala. Pronounced like a southerner would pronounce my mom's name, Twila! Made me homesick for Mama and Daddy! I had two tents set up, the containers delivered, and the staging setup.

Then....one of the moments that was amazing.....was knowing that broadband on a fiber optic line was actually in the stadium. Here is the photo.....and we will be making
history if we connect the web on Friday. It will be the first time Swaziland has ever connect with the world on a webcast! So tune in at 5 AM EST to join us for worship! www.heartforafrica.org/litsembalive After we finished at the stadium, Ian and I headed to the fruit market to negotiate bags of oranges. We need 100 more for the communities. We loaded them up and headed to the hotel. A crew of our drivers were there to help unload......amazing what one orange can build in a relationship with these children who STARVE!

We had dinner tonight and then headed back to plan for the day! Oh how amazing it is
to sit and listen to these men talk about worship! Seth, Matt, Elliott, Joseph, Jeff and Brian are amazing. You can see Christ in them....it oozes from them and I love what
God is doing through them in this place.

The night ended with my high school girl skyping! They are so cute and so funny! However....I do wish they were here! This is Karli Gribble (left) & Alexis Farmer (right)


God is love.........it's been a good day! I give you all the glory for the things You have done!!!!!

For now....it is again....12:20 AM. So I'm off to bed!

I know....that this is in the 11th hour and it all looks, seems, feels impossible! It really does to pull this off in such little time. But I also know.....I believe....that God is who He says He is, He sits on the throne of this universe and I know that He is capable! At this point......God.....it's all you! I surrender and beg you to forgive me for the fear, the flesh, and the worry......and I say....It's all for you!


Much love.....
From Africa with love,
masi

3 comments:

  1. Oh Masi....Thank you so much for keeping us tuned in to what is happening in Swaziland. It is so exciting to see what our King is doing over there through just a few humble servants from His army. We continue to pray for you and the work that is being done. We continue to pray for Friday; that not just the lives of these children will be changed, but for all ( big and small) who are there. Thank you for your obedience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Masi... Can you possibly know what a gift you're giving to those of us back home?! I know it must be hard to be so tired and weary and still recount the details, but I'm hanging on every word. You are doing such a beautiful job of pointing us to our Most High and Powerful God...

    Thank you for sharing your humanness with us, for being so transparent, it makes 2 Corinthians 12:9 come to life, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Through your transparency, we are able to see how the incredible power of God to do the impossible! I can't wait till 5 am tomorrow!

    Will you still be in Swaziland next week when the second wave of us arrive? So hoping the answer is yes!!

    Sending hugs and prayers...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Masi,
    Take courage!! Our sermon at First Baptist Church Kingsland this week was titled "Is God still there?" Look into 1 Kings 18 - Elijah calls on God to burn a soggy sacrafice and God demonstrates His superiority powerfully and dramatically. By chapter 19, Elijah is the only prophet left and on the run from Jezebel. God reveals Himself yet again. The Holy Spirit is there when we are week!! (Romans 8:26) Call to Me and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know. - Jeremiah 33:3.
    You all are the Elijahs for this country. Stay strong. God is in control!!
    We continue to interceede for you here in the US. We love you!!

    Jeff, Angie, and Bryant

    ReplyDelete