Friday, July 9, 2010

Visionary Nightmare...Logistics and more logistics!

Today has been an incredible day! LOTS of planning and great visit with Her Royal Highness. I'm going to start with a passage that I've been reading over and over for the last two hours.

Luke 14:15 ---- The Message

One of Jesus' parables, in which we read about a great feast whose invited guests all made excuses not to come. The feast's host decides to open the feast to everyone who wants to come--a clear metaphor for Christ's grace, which is ext
ended to all.

15When one of those who reclined at table with him heard these things, he said to him, "Blessed is everyone who will eat bread in the kingdom of God!" 16But he said to him, "A man once gave a great banquet and invited many. 17And at the time for the banquet he sent his servant to say to those who had been invited, 'Come, for everything is now ready.' 18But they all alike began to make excuses. The first said to him, 'I have bought a field, and I must go out and see it. Please have me excused.' 19And another said, 'I have bought five yoke of oxen, and I go to examine them. Please have me excused.' 20And another said, 'I have married a wife, and therefore I cannot come.' 21So the servant came and reported these things to his master. Then the master of the house became angry and said to his servant, 'Go out quickly to the streets and lanes of the city, and bring in the poor and crippled and blind and lame.' 22And the servant said, 'Sir, what you commanded has been done, and still there is room.' 23And the master said to the servant, 'Go out to the highways and hedges and compel people to come in, that my house may be filled. 24For I tell you,d]" style="line-height: 0.5em; ">[ none of those men who were invited shall taste my banquet."

Today was a planning day. It was a FUN day to me! I know logistics drives the visionary crazy....but it fuels my soul! It is my drug and adrenaline! When the table is full of papers, chairs are full of people, and everyone is delirious....I'm having fun! Today I had proof of a new family! A new group of people that I'll do life with 24/7 for the next 3 weeks! They are my house mates, room mates, new friends and family. They are the Heart For Africa team! We are from many places: Canada, US, Kenya, South Africa....just 12 people around the table and we
represent 5 countries....ONE GOD!

Meet our team! Bottom left corner and going around the table.....Mark, Chloe, Kaleli, Ian, Janine, me, Paula, Anita, Shirley, Jabulani and Spencer took the photo. Ralph was in the office and being shy! Each person at this table so talented in different ways! I was grateful and a bit overwhelmed when the line by line schedule came out. I've done like 7 day detail schedules with an organization I served with for many years....but this line by line.....every moment of the day schedule was for like 6 weeks! Just amazing. The greatest thing....is that God knows each detail that every person at that table, in this city, around this nation and the globe is handling! I serve a great big God!

After about 6 straight hours of planning.....5 of us headed up to meet with the Inkhosikati. She is one of the queen's (wives) of the King - His Majesty. She is the Inkhosikati LaMbikiza. (La)Mbikiza is her surname. She is out Patron and we were invited to visit with her at her Palace tonight. She is incredible....amazing woman of God, strong faith, encourager, incredible mother! Humbling thing....she is 6 days younger than me! She was so eloquent and reminded me of this truth......"God has prepared the table.....and He has invited those to attend.....if we're too busy...we'll miss it....but His table is prepared!" I can't worry about the table and who will be at it....He knows them by name and I was grateful for the reminder.

One of the coolest things about the evening was the group that attended. 3 Swazi Leaders in the community as well as pastors, our HFA team of 5, and then Dr Hynd his grand daughter and another staff member from the children's home...Annie. Annie is originally from Hong Kong! Once Mathokoza had addressed Her Majesty and asked all the Swazi leaders and HFA staff to comment...Dr Hynd as the "eldest"...lets say wisest.....in the room made the last remarks. And I have to admit....I was so embarrassed! I sat and wept.

Let me try to give you a picture. The Hynd family was the first family of physicians to Swaziland. Dr Hynd...sitting beside me....is 86 years old. His father loved the Lord and while in Scotland (their homeland) heard that Swaziland didn't have ONE doctor. So he packed up and answered the Lord's call. Dr Hynd's father and the Dr Hynd beside me...delivered a lot of the royal family into this world. He has committed his life and his family's lives to serving the Swazi nation. He is a passionate man and he spoke of the call on Swaziland.

Dr Hynd said, "There is no other country that has Swaziland's story. This nation was founded on Christianity. The bible was BROUGHT to the King years ago when books did not even exist and people couldn't read. God chose Swaziland and we must raise up our children. This is a nation where EVERY parliament meeting, every lunch, every ANYTHING begins in prayer and ends in prayer. The King himself can preach a sermon." This land isn't perfect....with lots of corruption and witch craft! (my words) "But....we have a calling! These children, this festival, this national day of prayer is our future. We need to raise up this generation...for such a time is this!" He continued, "I remember just 6 years ago when a small child was delivered to my office to treat her. She was living under a tree...abandoned. I remember x-raying her and finding that her stomach was full of gravel and sand. She was so hungry she was eating the ground. She is brilliant today! She is clever, quirky, and amazing. She is beautiful....she is HOPE!"

His tongue kept going between Siswati and English......he spoke with passion and compassion for the orphans and widows! He has given all his years to this nation....what an honor. I was in awe and I have to admit....I could have sat their all night as he told the great stories. I wept....embarassed....just kept trying to wipe the tears. But humbled by the fact that this man cares for this nation so much! Swaziland has a great calling on them.....small nation, big purpose....but I believe God is doing something interesting with this land which is the last Kingdom in the world.

After arriving home, eating some dinner by about 9 PM.....I got on Skype. And guess what..the Willis clan had arrived! Mama and Daddy's house was full of laughter, chatter, and fun! The Willis Family Reunion had begun! They were all there...well missing a few (since there are like 83 Willis' when we are all together) and of course me....here in Africa! They video chatted...Aunt Reba tried to steal the show, Aunt Jean jumped in for a moment, Aunt Brenda looking so good and of course sweet Aunt Doris's voice came in.
Uncle Sherman stuck his head in, my cousin Leah and I saw Bobby (her husband) quickly. Aunt Judy was cute and sassy! Daddy said hi, Mama was bright and cheery, Jey & Casi were there (look at them all lovey dovey) and of course....my favorites! My doodlebug and buddy! Lauren and Matthew. Oh my heart is full!

Lord thank you that I have a family willing to travel to see each other. Thank you that I'm a child of parents who love and care for me and more over....for each other. Thank you that I have NEVER even thought of eating dirt to have food in my belly. Thank you that I have never been abandoned. Thank you that I have a place to lay my head and clothes on my back! I'm so overwhelmed by your amazing grace.

Your provision surpasses anything I can comprehend! Give me the focus and faith to know that you are able! Remind me that you've already gone before me! You know every body that will be at each church this week, every child that will hear the Hope of Eternity in your Word, and every person who will come to worship you on July 23rd. Oh God....thank you so much for choosing me!

John 15:16 - 17

16You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit—fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. 17This is my command: Love each other.

He chose me....I did NOT choose Him! So encouraged.....such peace!

Good night world! Good night Willis family....you've filled my heart with joy! Good night.....from Africa with love!

For His name, For His fame, and For His glory,
Masi



No comments:

Post a Comment